Terms & Conditions for BABILONIA Italian courses
All enrolments are subject to the following General Conditions, which become legally binding on acceptance of enrolment by BABILONIA – Italian Language School.
- All group classes run Monday through Friday except during official Italian holidays
- Students must present themselves at school on their first day at 08.30
- One class hour equals 45 minutes
- Group lessons are usually held in the mornings, however on occasion (generally during high season) these group lessons may be scheduled in the afternoon
- Individual lessons are generally held before or after group classes
- The number of course lessons includes the entrance/placement test (mandatory) and final exam (given on request)
- Completion of a particular 4-week course does not guarantee advancement to the next level
- In the rare event that a student arrives, takes the entrance exam and is the only student for a particular level, that student’s tuition cost will be converted to private one-to-one lessons
- The standard 4-lesson course will be converted to 2 hours of individual tuition
- In the event that there are only 2 students for a particular level, the number of lessons for the class will be reduced by 15 minutes for each part of the standard course given the more intense nature of a small class size
- In case of complaints, a student can address our administrative office to talk to the Director of Studies. The policy for complaints is on display in our school administrative office
The school is closed on Easter Monday, Liberation Day (25/4) Labour Day (1/5), Day of the Republic (2/6), Assumption of Mary (15/8), All Saints’ Day (1/11), and Immaculate Conception (8/12). A refund will be made for Public Holydays on the following basis:
- Semi-standard courses = 20 €
- Standard courses = 30 €
- Standard-plus courses = 65 €
- Intensive courses = 70 €
Finding accommodation is a free service for all students enrolled into our courses.
All housing is on a first reserved first served basis and is strictly booked from week-end to week-end. On the day of departure students must vacate their accommodation by 10.30.
The school acts only as an intermediary regarding the lodgings, and takes no responsibility regarding the relationship between the renter and the student. All of the accommodations available through the school have been selected by our Accommodation Manager, according to our Inspection Scheme for cleanliness, comfort, and location. Since all accommodations are privately owned and operated, there are minor differences in amenities, but all meet a standard level of quality and convenience and are regularly checked by our school. In matching housing needs with what is available, everyone must keep in mind the seasonal and limited nature of housing resources in Taormina, not to mention the modest price that students pay for their accommodation In case of complaints, a student can address our administrative office to talk to the Apartment Manager. The policy for complaints is on display in our school administrative office.
Pick-up booking conditions
- This service must be reserved at least one week in advance of arrival.
- All last minute flight changes or late flights (on Saturdays and Sundays) must be immediately communicated directly to the taxi service. The telephone number of the taxi service is always provided by our office to the booking part who is responsible for informing the taxi service.
- The school is not responsible if agents do not notify the student of the stated conditions or if the student does not follow the conditions given.
- This service is not cancellable within 48 hours of your arrival..
Extra courses are operated through external partners who are liable for the services provided.
A € 250 non-refundable deposit is required to secure reservations. Payments for the deposit can be made by cash, bank transfer, and by credit card on line through: deposit & payment
All fees must be paid in full at the latest on the first day of your arrival at school.
If payment in full has not been received within the first day the student will not be allowed to start his/her course.
On no account can the tuition fee paid for group classes be transferred to individual classes, after the beginning of a course.
- Payments for the language course can be made cash, bank transfer, by Visa or Mastercard
- Payments for pick-up, extra courses and accomodation can be made cash, bank transfer, by Visa or Mastercard
- Our registration office will coordinate all necessary information
- Bank charges are to be met in full by the student
Our bank information (for bank transfers) is:
|BANK NAME||INTESA SAN PAOLO|
|BRANCH NAME||Agenzia di Taormina|
|ADDRESS||corso Umberto 17 98039 Taormina, Italy|
|TRANSFER FOR||BABILONIA srl|
|BIC Code (swift)||BCITITMM285|
Please always clearly specify for whom the payment is made.
According to the Italian Law n° 68, May28, 2007, foreigners (citizens no belonging to the European Union) staying in Italy for less than 90 days with a regular Tourist Visa do not need to apply for a Permesso di Soggiorno.
As per the Official website of the Italian Police
all individuals entering Italy who are citizens of non-European countries (countries not belonging to the Schengen area) and staying in Italy for fewer than 90 days are only required to get their passports stamped at the customs station at the airport of entry. The customs stamp is equivalent to the Dichiarazione di Presenza required of the Schengen area citizens. Additionally, according to the current legislation, U.S., Canadians, Australians, N.Zs.and Japanese citizens, do not need to apply for a Permesso di Soggiorno, if staying for fewer than 90 days.
If the stay is for over 90 days, all aliens (citizens no belonging to the European Union) who enter Italy legally must comply with the rules governing the stay of aliens in Italy, and are required to report their presence on Italian territory to the local Central Police Station (‘Questura’) of the province in which they are staying within 8 working days from the date of entry, and apply for a residence permit (‘permesso di soggiorno’) pursuant to article 5 of Law 286/1998. Aliens requesting this residence permit are required to be fingerprinted.
All minors are to be accommodated in homestay with half board lodgings.
Accident and medical insurance
We advise students to take out medical and personal insurance before leaving their home country.
Citizens from the European Union are entitled to free medical care in Italy if they hold an E111 Form which can be obtained from their local health authority in their home country before departing for Italy.
Citizens not of the European Union must conform to the requirements issued by the Italian Government. Details can be obtained at their local Italian Embassies.
BABILONIA has insurance for those liabilities expressly imposed by Italian law and for in-door and out-door activities organised by the school.
Policy on harrassement, bullying and discrimination
The school is committed to providing with a working and learning environment that is free from all forms of harassment, bullying and discrimination.
The School makes all students and employees aware of the policy forbidding harassment, bullying and discrimination
and their responsibility to comply with the policy. This policy is clearly stated in our terms and conditions so students are perfectly aware of it and accept it. Appropriate action, which may include warnings and dismissal/disciplinary proceedings for serious or repeated offences, may be taken against any student or employee who violates this policy.
Staff and students commites to treating everyone equally and without discrimination.
The student authorizes our school to use his/her personal data in accordance with the current Italian law (n° 196/2003) which foresees also that this information will be kept in archival form for legal use related to the booking and course related operations.
The student authorizes the school also to send, periodically, information and promotional material about the school and the courses offered.
The student may request at any moment that all of this information is deleted.
Use of photos and comments
Permission is given for the use of student comments or testimonials and photographs/images of students in the official promotional material of our school and courses by the student with acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Complains and queries. Resolution of disputes
Students should bring any problems to the school attention immediately in order to receive all the assistance and help needed to resolve any issues arising during the stay at school. We do not accept retrospective complaints or queries.
If a student wishes to complain about any aspect of the services, the complaint should be made in the first instance to BABILONIA office.
In the event that the matter is not resolved, the student or student’s agent should make a complaint in writing to the Director of BABILONIA.
Such complaints will be investigated provided that:
- the complaint is received within one month of the course finishing
- the complaint was initially registered in writing
- all bills relating to the student making the complaint have been settled in full
Changes to bookings
BABILONIA reserves the right to levy an additional administration fee to cover the costs of any changes that are requested to pre-booked courses or accommodation after we have confirmed the student’s place in school.
It is possible to upgrade the course for a more intensive course during the study-stay but the contrary is not possible.
Cancellations and refund policy – general
The following are BABILONIA – Italian Language School – charges and refunds for cancellation or withdrawal from a course:
- The school must be informed immediately of any requested changes or withdrawal notices or cancellations in writing.
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- Deposits and fees are not transferable from person to person
If BABILONIA rejects an application, the applicant is entitled to a full refund within 30 day
Refunds of tuition or accommodation fees prior to arrival
The € 250 is never refundable after an enrolment has been accepted by BABILONIA and the school has sent a confirmation for the course and/or any other related service.
Refunds of tuition fees after course start date
If a student does not attend, withdraws or shortens his/her course after the course has begun, tuition fees will not be refunded. No refunds are allowed for a delayed start or premature departure. Student tuition is never refunded due to absence from class and study hours subsequently lost can not be made up.
For entitlement to a refund, a 2 week notice period is required and the refund of any tuition in excess of this period will be refunded in full, less a cancellation fee of € 150.
Refunds of accommodation fees after arrival
No refund is allowed for a delayed arrival or premature departure.
Should a student withdraw from his/her accommodation after arrival without satisfying the Administration Office with a valid motive, a 2 week notice is required. In this case, any accommodation fees paid in excess of this period will be refunded in full, less a cancellation fee of x 150.
In the event of a fully justifiable reason for withdrawal, with the help of our Apartment Manager, the Administration Office will move the student to another apartment or find an alternative solution.
BABILONIA and its staff and representatives are not held liable for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property howsoever caused, except where liability is expressly imposed by Italian law. BABILONIA is not held liable in the event that any service contract to be provided by BABILONIA should become impossible to supply for any cause or reason beyond the control of BABILONIA
Prices in the brochure are valid from January, 1st until December, 31st
BABILONIA reserves the right to dismiss any student whose conduct is unsatisfactory at the discretion of the centre Director, whose decision is final. There will be no refund for fees in cases of expulsion and any billed but unpaid fees become payable immediately.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
All enrolments are subject to the above mentioned General Terms and Conditions, which become legally binding on acceptance of enrolment by BABILONIA – Italian Language School.
By BABILONIA’s acceptance of an applicant’s electronic and/or signed form of registration or any other written form of registration (also through agencies and representatives), the applicant tacitly agrees to accept these General Conditions.
The application is made according to the Italian Law, and the Italian Law will be applicable to any kind of dispute concerning any matter that might rise a dispute, due to the enrolment.