CELI exam preparation courses
with assessment test to decide the level of the CELI for which you will enrol
Our Centre organizes Preparation Courses for the CELI Exams of the University for Foreigners of Perugia . Our Institute is an authorised Exam Centre for CELI (Certificato di Lingua Italiana).
The CELI certification is one of the only 4 certifications officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education and is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning Teaching, Assessment of the Council of Europe and the ALTE Framework.
The other certifications officially recognized are CILS exams (University for Foreigners of Siena), Certificato IT exams (University of Tor Vergata – Rome) and PLIDA exams (Società Dante Alighieri).
A legally recognized certification is valid for:
- enrolling in Italian Universities without having to pass the Proficiency Language Exam (CELI 3 exam)
- teaching Italian in primary and secondary schools in Italy (CELI 5)
- being listed in the European Language Portfolio. The European Language Portfolio was developed and piloted by the Language Policy Division of the Council of Europe, Strasbourg, from 1998 until 2000. It was launched on a pan-European level during the European Year of Languages as a tool to support the development of plurilingualism and pluriculturalism
- including on CVs for job searches as a legally recognized Italian language certification
- being Internationally recognized by International institutions
- being easily comparable with other international language certifications, according to the ALTE Framework.
In fact, there are 5 levels of exams:
The table below illustrates typical general ability at each level and in the skill areas.
The CELI exam preparation course (Certificazione Lingua Italiana) consist of 4 hours a day in a STANDARD GROUP COURSE and 1 hour a day PRIVATE TUTORING especially focusing on the CELI exam format with the aim of getting accustomed to the type of exercises prsent in the exam and to assess the correct level of exam for each student.
CELI exam sessions are twice a year (June and November). Exam dates are officially published every year by the University for Foreigners of Perugia. Please contact our office for this year’s exam dates.
If you want only to take a CELI exam at our Centre, without a Preparation Course, please contact our office.
Written confirmation from our office will inform you of the time of your exam.
Your exam will be assessed directly by the University of Perugia and you will be able to check your results online. Should you fail one part of the exam, you will be able to retake that part at any Officially Recognized CELI Exam Centre, by paying an extra fee for the part of the exam that you wish to repeat.
We also recommend: