Learning vacations in Italy social activities, trips & excursions in Taormina Sicily
During your full immersion Italian language courses, we will also offer you a scheduled program of social and cultural extra-curricular activities which are included in the price of your Italian course.
These activities may include, but are not limited to lectures, walks, films, games, seminars. Our weekly seminars cover a variety of subjects from Italian literature and poetry to Sicilian-specific subjects including history, politics, cuisine, etc (download an exemple of our social activity program).
During your Italian language full immersion course, in order to complete the study abroad program in Sicily and in addition to the free social and cultural program, our Italian language school organizes excursions, guided tours, field trips and trips around Sicily, dinners, theatre performances and concerts (not included in the price of the course). Learning Italian in Italy is not just language training but a full cultural experience.
As mentioned, in addition to free social and cultural extra-curricular activities, our Italian language school also offers paid excursions, guided tours, field trips and trips around Sicily, usually every weekend or occasionally in the afternoons.
Our Italian language courses can be the beginning of an unforgettable journey around Sicily. From Taormina, it is very easy to get to Syracuse, Mount Etna, the Aeolian Islands, Catania, Piazza Armerina and Noto. And with more time available, to: Palermo, Selinunte, Segesta, Agrigento, Erice and to many more sites in Sicily.
Generally our excursions take students to places which are not included in the excursions most travel agencies offer, however we strive to deliver the programs desired by our students. We try to take our students to truly special places off the beaten track, places known more by “locals” than by travel agencies. Students can very easily go to the main sites on excursions organized by the many travel agencies located in Taormina.
Our office is the central core of our school. The school office can help you organize various excursions, trips and visits.
Our activities coordinator is Peppe Celano and these are some of the students’ comments about him:
- Peppe è molto colto e dà tutte le risposte a tutte le domande. Poi, spiega con passione e non come una machinaPeppe è molto colto…
- Tour was great. Extra hikes of surrounding mountains was excellent. Peppe was great. Etna and Rocca di Novara were a wonderful surprise!Tour was great…
- Variety of choice of activities to suit many tastesVariety of choice…
- Peppe is very knowledgeable, every dayPeppe is very…
- The program was extremely variedThe program…
- Different activities. I loved the films with Peppe's excellent commentary. Good even for beginnersDifferent activities…
- Peppe is very nice and friendly. A good organizer!Peppe is very nice…
- I wanted to get to know Sicily and it was a great help not having to organize everything myselfI wanted to get to…
We also recommend: