Teachers study grant scholarships for Italian studies in Italy
BABILONIA – Center for Italian Language and Culture in Taormina, Sicily is pleased to announce its Annual Teacher Study Grant Scholarship created to recognize a teacher of Italian for his/her excellence in classroom teaching. For the past 15 years annual Teacher Study Grant Scholarships have been awarded to a dynamic instructor who has not only made extraordinary contributions to the expansion of Italian language and culture in his/her schools and local community but who is also committed to continuing to promote the Italian language and culture upon return from Italy.
THE STUDY GRANT SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES:
- free two weeks Standard Italian Language course (9:30 AM to 1:00 PM daily)
- free housing in a shared student apartment with a single room with shared bathroom and kitchen for two weeks
- free breakfast (coffee and a pastry) (Mon-Fri) at Babilonia
- Weekly seminars, films and social activities
The Study Grant Scholarship does not include travel costs or food (except for coffee and pastry at school).
- Must be currently teaching a minimum of two classes of Italian in a U.S. university, high school, middle, elementary or AP Italian program and will continue to teach following the grant program
- Must be a non-native Italian speaker
- Must provide two recommendations
Candidates must submit the application along with two letters of recommendation which address the teacher’s classroom performance, language ability, and dedication to promotion of the Italian language and culture.
Application Deadline: March,15th.
We invite interested teachers to submit applications to experience the warmth of Sicilian hospitality and the rich historical, literary and artistic culture the region offers.